Deputy Mayor of Cleaning & Recycling
Head of Waste Management Department
Lavranos Andreas – Spyridon
Responsibilities of the Waste Management Department
(Cleaning – Recycling Planning & Supervision Responsibilities)
- Studies the organization and operation of the waste collection and transport system and ensures the issuance of the provided collection and transport permit.
- Studies, plans and suggests for the improvement of the systems and means that are suitable for ensuring the collection and transport of waste and recyclable materials as well as the cleanliness of the common areas of the Municipality.
- Studies and provides recommendation for the technical specifications and the necessary quantities of all kinds of technical means and materials required for the efficient and effective execution of the above functions (vehicles, technical means, bins, etc.).
(Responsibilities of Waste Collection – Recyclable materials, Cleaning of Common Areas and Special Workshops)
- Forms the regulated programs and sets up a) the shifts for the collection of municipal waste and recyclable materials and their transfer to landfills or their processing plants, b) the workshops for the cleaning of streets and other public areas and the collection of waste in transhipment sites and c) special shifts.
- Carries out with the appropriate shifts and technical means a) the task of collecting municipal waste and recycled materials and transporting them to landfills or their processing plants, b) cleaning the streets, other common areas, municipal buildings and latrines of the Municipality and their collection in places of transhipment c) the collection of bulky objects, the cleaning and removal of illegal posters and advertisements, the cleaning of abandoned houses, etc.